The BRIDGE Innovation Hub will convene two year-long cohorts of congregational teams to learn, develop, test, and implement new approaches to ministry with young adults. These cohorts will engage in a series of educational and participatory experiences through the late summer and early fall (Cohort One in 2023; Cohort Two in 2024) in preparation for Innovation Labs in the following winter and spring (Cohort One in 2024; Cohort Two in 2025).
Congregational teams will then discern and develop novel ministry ideas that will be funded by the BRIDGE Initiative. Selected teams will receive financial, educational, and spiritual support for up to one year as they develop their own context specific young adult ministries.
Our cohort findings will be compiled into resources that will inspire and equip other congregations and faith leaders with new practices to responsibly engage and support young adults as they grow and develop in faith and community.
Join Our Cohort
The BRIDGE 2023-2024 Cohort has been selected and is closed.
If you are interested in exploring participation in our 2024-2025 cohort, please read the following description and reach out with any questions. Email BRIDGE Project Coordinator Ryan Snider at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2024-2025 Cohort will include seven churches who are excited about engaging in innovative ministry with young adults.
In September 2024, the BRIDGE Innovation Hub will convene its second year-long cohort of congregational teams to learn, develop, test, and implement new approaches to ministry alongside young adults. This cohort will engage in a series of educational and participatory experiences through the fall in preparation for Innovation Labs in winter and spring 2025. Selected teams will receive financial, educational, and spiritual support for up to one year as they develop their own context specific young adult ministries.
Seven congregations will be selected based on the following criteria:
We’re looking for churches who:
- are enthusiastic about engaging in ministry with young adults, particularly in their twenties
- commit to develop and experiment with new and innovative ministries and approaches
- have an existing population of young adult leaders in and/or around the congregation
- exhibit a desire to see gifts in others, hear stories of unlikely partners, and remain open to change in self and others.
We’re looking for church leaders who will:
- make a significant commitment to attend eight Innovation Learning & Lab Sessions
- imagine, design, and implement creative ministry initiatives
- offer necessary encouragement and resources to the congregation’s innovation team
- commit to the longevity and sustainability of future of ministries alongside young adults
We’re looking for teams comprised of:
- 1 or 2 clergy (including senior pastor participation)
- 1 or 2 lay leaders
- 1 sage-like elder
- young adults ages 23-29 (could include but are not limited to):
- active young adults in your church without official leadership positions
- young adult clergy
- young adult lay leaders
- young adult leaders from community