Candler Prepares Real People to Make a Real Difference in the Real World
What is “Real”? It is the sharing of real-life stories of Candler students, alumni and faculty to highlight the school’s distinctions, particularly the "realness" of our community and approach to theological education.
"At Candler, we prepare real people to make a real difference in the real world," says Dean Jan Love. "Our student body is richly diverse, and our faculty is revered for its distinguished scholarship and service to the church. That combination gives our graduates the broad perspective and real-life experience they need to face the challenges of ministry in the 21st century."
“Real” stories and photography, combined with a bold and bright color palette, form the thematic foundation of Candler’s website, printed materials and electronic communications.
The “Real” stories published since the “Real” campaign was launched in 2010 are archived according to the real messages outlined below. "Real" won the Circle of Excellence Award from the Council for the Advancement and Support of Education in 2012. The Circle of Excellence is the premier international awards program for advancement, communications and marketing functions in the field of education.
If you have a “Real” story that illustrates one or more of the messages below, please send it to email@example.com
Candler inspires real people
- We engage people with different backgrounds, perspectives, and faith journeys as a means of learning more about ourselves, the world, the world of the Christian faithful, and the fullness of the gospel.
Candler inspires real commitment
- We come together in Christian community to learn, to pray, to minister, and to serve God and the church.
- We encourage our students to test their convictions, reason through conflict, and ultimately strengthen their faith.
Candler inspires real dialogue
- Our faculty engages students through its love of teaching, world-renowned scholarship, and leadership in the church.
- Our students challenge each other to reach beyond what is comfortable and convenient.
- Our new building and internationally acclaimed library facilitate the conversation.
- Our location within a top-20 research university expands our thinking and deepens the debate.
- We are committed to both church and academy, to the preparation of ministers and other religious leaders, and to the education of outstanding academic scholars in religion.
- We are committed to making theological education affordable.
Candler empowers real change
- We encourage creativity and curiosity as our students explore their faith journey and spiritual formation.
- We are passionate about justice, mercy, and the fulfillment of the reign of God in the communities we serve.
Candler empowers real international engagement
- We prepare our students to meet the global challenges of the 21st century with our study abroad opportunities and our emerging internationalized curriculum.
- Our location in Atlanta offers a vibrant, richly religious, international city in which to learn and work.