Hospitality Suite Reservation for Emory Affiliates
Emory Units may reserve the Dean’s Hospitality Suite (Room 517) in Candler School of Theology, 5th floor Dean’s Suite, 1531 Dickey Drive, Atlanta, GA, 30322. Regular hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday – Friday.
- Outside window wall with plenty of natural light
- Granite-topped buffet at each end of the room
- 8- Cherry-wood, executive tables
- 20- Padded executive chairs
- Full-equipped as a technology smart room
The standard set for the room
- 8 conference tables configured in a rectangle with an open center
- 20 chairs placed around the outside of the rectangle
Suite Access After-Hours Weekdays and Weekends:
- A suite key must be ordered from Candler’s Faculty Support suite, Room 355, for weekend and after-hours events. Event organizer must email a key request to Brenda Roberts, Manager, Faculty Development and Support Services, Brenda.firstname.lastname@example.org , no later than two weeks prior to the event date. Ms. Roberts will confirm the order via email.
- The key may be picked up the day of the event or on Friday for a weekend event and returned the following day or on Monday after weekend use of the suite.
- Organizations are responsible for locking the Dean’s Suite for events hosted after hours or on weekends.
Events Serving Food:
Events at which food is served (breakfast, lunch, dinner, or snacks) will be charged for custodial service. A smart key number must be submitted to cover the custodial costs associated with cleaning the room after an event with food.
The Events Office will submit the work order on behalf of the sponsoring organization.
The smart key will be charged for the time it takes to perform the duties at the rate of $29.96/hour.
- For instance, if it only takes 15 minutes, the smart key will be charged for a quarter hour.
- To track charges go to http://www.fm.emory.edu; click on “Services”; select “customer services” then “work services” then “invoices”. Follow the prompts from there and enter your smart key number to see charges.
Weekend Reservation and Use of Candler Space:
Groups reserving the Dean’s Hospitality Suite, Room 517, over a weekend will be charged for custodial service for each day space is reserved. A smart key number is required in advance for the space to be reserved.
- From Friday at 2:00 p.m. – Monday at 8:00 a.m., the custodial service charge starts with a 4-hour minimum at the over-time rate of $39.00 per hour or $156. If more than 4 hours is required for service, then charges will be based on the actual time worked at $39.00/hour.
Emory Affiliates Payment Information:
Emory Affiliates will provide a Smart Key number to which custodial fees will be charged.
To reserve the Candler Hospitality Suite, please submit the Hospitality Suite Reservation Form for Emory Affiliates.