Assembly is a four-day event, which will include an arena program, exhibit hall, workshops, networking groups and social functions. This is a part-time, consultant position lasting approximately 1 year. Salary is flat or can work on commission. Travel and expense budget is in addition with a cap.
Event Date: Core Event – Friday – Sunday, April 25 – 27, 2014. Pre event – Thursday, Post events – Sunday/Monday.
Event Location: Kentucky Int’l Convention Center, Louisville, KY
Primary Goals: Sponsorship program creation, coordination and management for Assembly 2014
- Reports to Asst. Assembly Chair for program planning and the Business Manager on-site.
- Creates Assembly 2014 “Make It Happen” Sponsorship Opportunities Plan including in-kind donations, booth rentals, program book, special events, specified program elements, and more
- Meet goal of doubling sponsorship donations from 2010 Assembly
- Meeting sponsorship goals while adhering to the standards and values of United Methodist Women
- Works with UMW assigned staff member to vet applicants for sponsorship
- Works with Communications Dept. to produce any sponsorship marketing materials on website
- Create ideas for United Methodist Church targeted entities sponsorship opportunities
- Create ideas for coalition partners targeted sponsorship opportunities
- Works with registration company to create linked registration page for vetted sponsorship applicants
- Work with Communications Dept. and Business Manager to manage and coordinate deliverables for Sponsor/Donors
- Works with Production Coordinator and Decorator to manage all equipment orders and needs for booth set-up
- Mentor sponsorship intern from UMW supported college.
- Manages and coordinates needs for all sponsors, booth rentals, vendors and anything related to sponsorship
- Is pro-active in creating strong relationships and support for sponsors during event
- Acts as liaison between sponsors and Production Coordinator and Decorator
- Comes early and stays late to manage all load in and load outs of all sponsorship needs – i.e., booths and more.
- Will manage intern and their work on site.
- Strong background in creating complete sponsorship programs for large conference events (5 yrs. experience preferable)
- Experience working in the not-for-profit environment (3 or more conferences preferable)
- Should be familiar with excel, exhibit hall management software systems, on-line registration techniques and can learn UMW CRM database system
- Experience in exhibit hall management helpful
- Familiarity with United Methodist Women culture and structure helpful
- Familiarity with United Methodist Church culture and structure important (Boards, Agencies, Seminaries, etc…)
- Able to be self-driven and pro-active while keeping in mind culture of faith-based membership organization
- Able to plan ahead using not-for-profit extended timelines (can’t work 24/7 for 3 mos.)
- Strong interpersonal skills – able to communicate clearly with outside companies, not-for-profits, UMW membership and staff
- Looking for a team player who contributes until the job is complete.
Interested persons should e-mail questions, proposals and resumes to email@example.com
Check out this website to read about past Assembly experiences: http://prod.umwomen.org:88/