Housing & Transportation
For the third year in a row, Atlanta was the country's most popular place to move according to Yahoo Finance. It's easy to see why. Atlanta is a diverse city with many historic sites, big city perks, the world's largest aquarium, wonderful restaurants and a thriving cultural scene. A city punctuated by green spaces and neighborhoods (including Decatur, Virginia Highlands, Grant Park, Inman Park, Little Five Points, Medlock Park, University Heights, Midtown, Buckhead and Sweet Auburn), each with a different personality, Atlanta offers something for everyone.
Emory University does not offer on-campus housing for graduate and professional students. However there are a number of housing resources available to graduate and professional students.
- Campus Crossings at Briarcliff is conveniently located, close to the Emory campus and local stores, offers students state-of-the-art amenities including a clubhouse, fitness center, courtyard with pool, limited garage parking, Cliff shuttle service to campus and a mix of spacious floor plans.
- The Candler off-campus housing listing includes rooms and apartments for rent to Candler students only. These listings are not screened prior to posting; please take care when inquiring.
- The Office of Residence & Housing off-campus housing listing is the official Emory University website resource for rooms and apartments in the area.
- The Emory University Graduate Senate roommate matching forum provides incoming students an opportunity to find other graduate students looking for roommates.
- Students recommend the following apartments, none of which are affiliated with Candler or Emory, but have been recommended based on proximity to campus and other amenities, as well as pricing:
- Located across Clairmont Rd. from the Emory Clairmont Campus, Clairmont Reserve offers easy access to the Emory Cliff Shuttle and the Emory Student Activity & Academic Center.
- The Conservatory at Druid Hills is close to the Emory Park-n-Ride shuttle location at North DeKalb Mall and the South Peachtree Creek Trail System.
- Highland Lake Apartments free bike rentals to residents and a washer and dryer unit in each apartment.
- Williamsburg Apartment Homes has been an unofficial Candler residence for many theology students in the past, often housing between 30-50 students a year.
- Woodland Hills Apartments offers flexible length leases from three to 12 months and is convenient to the Emory Park-n-Ride shuttle at North DeKalb Mall.
Also consider searching for housing through:
Emory University works closely with Georgia Commute Options to offer programs and incentives to help make your commute easier. Visit Emory’s Transportation Service site for information on carpool, vanpool, public transportation and bicycling programs and the Cliff shuttle system.
Parking on the Emory campus is either designated for visitors or requires a valid permit. Visit Emory’s Parking Services site for information on parking registration, locations, rates, and parking rules and regulations.
Emory's Transportation and Parking Services office has compiled helpful resources for the Emory community. Review a complete list of Transportation and Parking Services' frequently asked questions.