The computer lab is located on the ground floor of Pitts Library in room 118 which houses:
- eight PC and two Mac work stations for use by students, faculty, and staff of the School of Theology
- two black and white laser printers and one color ink jet printer
- A scanner/copier and fax machine are available to use on request.
Pharos printing is available in the Pitts 118 and the 3rd floor computing lab. A valid EmoryCard with Eagle Dollars is required to release print jobs from these print stations. Print charges are $.08 cents a page for Black & White prints; $.12 cents if you print double-sided (half off the back page).
Software in the lab includes Microsoft Office 2007, Bible Works 7, Emory Online Services, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, GenoPro and Endnote. If your personal computer does not have Microsoft Office, save your documents in RTF format in order to access your file in the lab.
Additional computers are available on the 3rd floor of the library and in Brooks Commons of Cannon Chapel. There are also Mac kiosks on the 2nd – 5th floors of the CST building which contain a web browser. From these you can access email, Blackboard and the internet but wordprocessing is unavailable.
Computer Use Policies and Procedures
- Computers are available on a first-come, first-served basis. If people are waiting, time will be limited to two hours, and word processing will take priority over email, net surfing or game playing. Any computer unattended for more than fifteen minutes will be made available to another user.
- No food is permitted at the computers. Beverages are only allowed in spill-proof containers.
- Problems with non-working passwords need to be resolved by calling the Help desk at 404-727-7777.
- Users should safeguard their privacy by logging out of email, Blackboard, or other on-line account before leaving a lab computer.
- Please limit conversation in the lab.
- Cell phone use is prohibited.
- No personal log-in is required. Please do not log off computers after using.
- Save your work to the My Documents folder for temporary storage. Files left on the desktop will be purged daily.
For additional information, please see our Frequently Asked Computer Questions page.