Financial Certificate and Visa Information

Upon admission and before the visa process can begin, international students must certify that they have funds to cover their expenses while attending Candler. This includes students who have been awarded fellowships, scholarships, or other financial support from Emory University.

The Emory University Financial Certificate is used to itemize financial support and provide documentation of sufficient funds for the first year of study (including tuition, fees, book, health insurance, travel and living expenses).

Documentation can include scholarships, personal or family savings, or sponsorships. Documentation of additional financial support is required for spouses and/or children who plan to accompany the student on dependent visas. You are not required to submit this information when applying for admission.

Fill out the fall 2016 financial certificate for international exchange (non-degree) students.

The 2016-2017 financial certificate will be available in April 2017. See the 2016-17 financial certificate for an example of the funds necessary to cover your expenses. Financial documentation must be approved by Candler's Associate Dean of Admissions and Financial Aid and by the University's International Student and Scholars Services Office no later than July 1 in order for the I-20 (for degree students seeking the F-1 visa) or DS-2019 (for exchange students seeking the J-1 visa) to be processed in time for fall admission.

Mail completed Financial Certificates and supporting documentation to:

Attn: Jory White
Office of Admission and Financial Aid
Candler School of Theology
Emory University
1531 Dickey Drive, Suite 301
Atlanta, GA 30322

Transfer Clearance Form

Students transferring from another school in United States must complete the Transfer Clearance Form and request that your SEVIS record be transferred to Emory University. If your F-1 visa has expired, you will want to renew it if you plan intend to travel internationally prior enrolling at Candler School of Theology. Fill out the Transfer Clearance Form.