Academic Records & Transcripts

Academic Records & Transcripts

The Candler and University registrars maintain student academic records. The offices are responsible for fulfilling student requests and inquiries regarding their academic work at Emory, including degree and enrollment verification, the graduation process and commencement, and for updating personal records.

Review the information below, and contact the appropriate registrar office for help with any of the services they provide.

University Office of the Registrar
100 Boisfeuillet Jones Center
200 Dowman Drive
Atlanta, GA 30322
Phone: 404.727.6042
Hours: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm

Candler Office of the Registrar

Change of Name

Name changes should be directed to the University Registrar’s office. Students must provide the completed Notification of Name Change form and one of the following showing the changed name:
  • Marriage license
  • Court order
  • Driver’s license plus one of the following: social security card, credit card, passport or blank check

Click here to close

Change of Address or Telephone Number

Students with address, telephone number or email address changes are required to update their information via OPUS. Because Candler and the university use the contact information in OPUS for billing and other important matters, it is critical that this information is up to date.

Click here to close

Change of Social Security Number

To update your Social Security Number, bring your original Social Security card to the University Registrar’s office. Changes cannot be made using a copy of your Social Security card or any other document with your Social Security Number.

Click here to close

Request a Transcript

Beginning in the fall of 2013, a one-time transcript fee of $70 assessed in the first semester of enrollment will cover the cost of all transcript requests. Official transcripts may be ordered online through OPUS or by visiting the University Registrar. You may review your unofficial transcript via OPUS by selecting "My Academics" and then "View My Unofficial Transcript."

Click here to close

Release of Student Information

The University Registrar is the official custodian of academic records and therefore is the only official who may issue an official transcript of an academic record. Under no circumstances will Candler issue a copy of a student’s transcript. Under no circumstances will copies of any transcript from any institution in a student file be made for any reason. For more information on this policy and what information it applies to, download the Catalog and Handbook.

Click here to close

Certification of Enrollment

Students needing verification of their enrollment status and/or degree for purposes such as automobile/health insurance, educational loans or for your conference should complete an online certification/verification request form on OPUS. Currently enrolled students may log into OPUS, select "My Academics", select "Request Enrollment Verification" and submit the information to obtain a verification letter. Request for certification or verification are processed only for the current semester and/or past semesters that the student has attended.

Students needing verification of their enrollment status and/or degree for a scholarship application may email the Candler Registrar a request for enrollment or degree verification.

Employers and Screening Firms
The National Student Clearinghouse is our authorized agent for providing degree and enrollment verifications. If you are an employer or background screening firm requesting this information please visit

Click here to close

Graduation Information

Application for Degree
All degree candidates must submit an Application for Degree prior to the deadline listed in the academic calendar for the semester you plan to graduate. Dual degree applicants must complete an application for each degree. Students are required to be enrolled during the semester of graduation.

The Application for Degree is available in OPUS during a window of time set by the university registrar each semester. Applications received after the deadline for the semester you plan to graduate must be accompanied by a $25.00 special processing fee.

August and December graduates participate in graduation the following May. Graduates and candidates who will not be attending the Candler diploma ceremony must notify the Candler registrar.

Please check the events calendar for a schedule of events around commencement.

For information regarding Emory’s schedule of events, inclement weather plans and other information regarding commencement activities, please visit the Emory University Commencement page.

Degree Requirements
Currently enrolled students can track their graduation requirements using the OPUS Degree Audit. Once you are logged into OPUS select “Academic Requirements” from the drop-down menu and click on the arrow to the right to submit your menu choice. To view the full list of course requirements you have met, click on the blue “Expand All” button at the top of the page.  

For individual degree requirements, visit the academic page for your degree or download the Catalog and Handbook.

Emory University will print the student's official name on the diploma at the time of graduation. The full name will be used. The student's name is recorded as submitted at the time of application for admission. Variations of the student's official name of record will not be permitted on the diploma. Students wishing an alternate name on their diploma are advised to consider an official name change.

Click here to close

View all events »