Work at Candler
Work at Candler
Candler at Emory University provides an uncommonly rewarding work environment. People are drawn to work here to enrich and change lives. They are attracted by the opportunity to participate in the community life of a top-ranked university. Emory ranks as the third-largest private employer in the metro Atlanta area. Candler students may seek internships and part-time jobs on campus with various departments and research projects.
Primary duties are organizing, coordinating, and planning operational facets of a program and its related activities which include, but are not limited to the following: establishing long-term operational objectives, researching factors that may impact the success of the program, and working with individuals or groups to research and document program requirements in order to provide appropriate input into the development of strategic plans. Develops work plans to accomplish program goals and objectives and monitors progress toward their achievement. Conducts research and gathers information to develop various publications. Develops promotional materials which may include content for reports, briefings, newsletters, grants or other written information related to the program. Assists in developing and coordinating program-related conferences, conventions, or meetings. Monitors expenditures and may participate in the budget planning process and prepare financial reports. May assist in identifying funding resources and developing fund-raising strategies and initiatives. Prepares operational and statistical reports. Conducts training, represents the program at meetings and conferences, and networks with affiliated groups. May supervise assigned project staff, interns and/or volunteers. Performs related responsibilities as required. This is not an administrative support position.
Bachelor's degree in a field related to the program and two years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Working knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, OPUS, Compass, Blackboard, and 25Live. Experience with online form builders (Formstack, WebMerge, etc.) is a plus. Comfort with online tools and processes is essential. Cover letter required.
Additional Job Details:
The Program Coordinator will provide support with organization, planning, communication, and administration for the programs and activities of the Contextual Education Office, including Contextual Education I and II and the Teaching Parish, Ministry Internship, and Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) programs. Often serving as the first point of contact for the program, the Program Coordinator interacts with a wide range of internal and external partners. Strong professional communication skills, organization, attention to detail, flexibility and interpersonal skills are essential.
The principal duties include:
- Coordinates the Office of Contextual Education, including communication and workflow, program scheduling and annual program calendars, and identifies methods of improving processes for greater efficiency and effectiveness.
- Supports Directors of Contextual Education, including communication and scheduling functions, project and teaching support
- Communicates with a range of internal and external Contextual Education partners, including faculty, supervisors, local pastors, and non-profit directors; Candler students; and other program staff.
- Manages program finances and budgets, including payment of vendors, filing expense reports, monitoring expenditures, and preparing financial reports.
- Manages online evaluation processes for academic programs.
- Maintains electronic student files.
- Maintains databases for programs and prepares reports to assist with operations and planning.
- Plans and coordinates program related events, conferences or meetings, in collaboration with the Candler Office of Event Planning.
- Develops and updates communications materials for the Con Ed office, including website, bulletin board, print brochures, and Con Ed Handbook.
- Hires and supervises student workers.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Directors of Contextual Education.
Candidates should apply online at http://www.hr.emory.edu/careers/index.html by searching for posting number 61387BR.
Click here to close